12 Best Exercises to Burn Belly Fat, According to Personal Trainers
Losing weight is not an easy feat. A lot goes into this process, including determination, healthier habits, and regular exercise. Specific exercises can help you achieve certain goals, and this article will focus on what you can do to decrease body fat. We’ll guide you through it with 12 of the best routines and provide advice on how to achieve your targets.
What Do You Need to Start?
To begin your weight loss journey, you will need goodwill and motivation. We suggest investing in good gym clothes and sneakers, as such equipment will help you stay focused and aid you by providing support. Please read our article about the Top 10 Must-Have Gym Accessories to understand better how to start off on the right foot.
If you’re planning on following through with your plans, we suggest keeping track of your journey with an Eros Smart Body Fat Scale. This scale helps you monitor 13 key metrics, including body fat, water, muscle, BMI, BMR, protein, and more. All you need to do is connect it to your phone or smartwatch to track the progress. Measuring your body composition and managing your fitness journey has never been easier.
Let’s take it easy with something as simple as walking to kick-start our list. If you feel as if your physical activity is at a minimum, it might be best to begin your journey with daily walks. Taking a 45–60-minute walk every day is an effective way to eliminate stress and lower your cortisol levels, which may help reduce belly fat.
Start by working on your core while strengthening your triceps, lats, quads, shoulders, and chest.
- Align your feet with your shoulders and push back your hips as you go down.
- Bend into the so-called frog position.
- Put your body into a plank position by pushing your legs back.
- Go back into the frog pose and jump up, extending your hands above your head.
Don’t overwork yourself — do as much as you can at first, for example, three sets of eight, and add more as you see fit.
Medicine Ball Burpees
Take your burpees to the next level and utilize one of the must-have exercise accessories — a medicine ball. Follow the same steps listed above but hold a medicine ball in your hands every step of the way, slamming it onto the ground when you go down. Don’t forget to stand tall and extend your body when you get up.
This exercise targets your upper and lower abs, as well as your glutes. You can perform it with or without a medicine ball, depending on your physical activity level.
- Sit on a mat, lift both legs, lean back a little, and ensure your knees are fixated.
- Twist your upper body left and then right while keeping your balance.
- With each turn, squeeze your oblique muscles for ultimate effect.
Crossbody Mountain Climbers
To make sure your quads, glutes, and hamstrings are taken care of, correctly execute this exercise:
- In a push-up position, align your elbows with your shoulders, and hold your back, hips, and neck straight.
- Raise your right foot, bend your knee, and push it to your right shoulder.
- Go back and do the same with the other side. Keep up your speed as you work out.
We recommend two sets of at least 25 reps with a 20-second break to burn belly fat more efficiently.
This exercise is pretty self-explanatory as all you need to do is assume a push-up position on the mat, but with your elbows down. Hold the pose for a minimum of 30 seconds, and then repeat for another two or three sets. You can extend it to 60 seconds if you can handle the heat. Your biceps, abs, shoulders, glutes, and core will thank you.
You only need a mat and focused attention to form your upper abs properly, so do the following:
- Lie down, bend your legs at the knee, and line up your feet with your shoulders flat down on the mat. Elevate your hands by your side, engage the core and keep your neck relaxed while your chin is up.
- Bend sideways to touch your left heel with your left hand, and then do it on the other side. Repeat by doing two sets of 20.
Placing your feet too close to your hips will not yield effective results.
Overhead Medicine Ball Slams
For this workout routine, you’ll need two gym must-have accessories — a medicine ball and a strong will. This will strengthen your core and get your heartbeat up, so it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Stand with your feet matching the width of your hips while holding a medicine ball with both hands.
- Elevate both arms overhead, fully extending them.
- Slam the ball toward the ground while extending your arms.
- You can bend your knees if necessary, as you will need to squat to pick up the ball.
Be extra careful when performing this exercise.
Side-to-Side Medicine Ball Slams
Similarly to the previous exercise, but with your feet aligned with your shoulders, slam the ball while moving sideways, right next to your foot. Pivot your feet as you change sides and rotate your body accordingly. Don’t forget to tighten your core as you elevate the medicine ball over your head.
This is one of the most straightforward exercises but a great way to decrease body fat, and it goes like this:
- Lie on a mat, flex your knees, and keep your feet flat.
- Put your hands behind your head and lift them with your shoulders while keeping your core tight.
- Once in the sit-up position, go back down and repeat.
To add more to your core workout, get into a high plank position, placing your wrists right under your shoulders. Move your right knee to your chest and bring it back; do the same with the left one. Alternate sides as you go.
Yoga is a great way to burn belly fat without wasting much energy. It will do wonders for your endurance, help with muscle structure, and boost your metabolism. Poses like the chair, the wheel, and Chaturanga are the best choice to finish off your high-calorie workout and stretch before hitting the sack.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced fitness buff, you’ll find an exercise that suits your needs and possibilities here. We suggest starting your journey with a long walk and then building up your strength with more demanding exercises. Also, make sure you eat and drink healthily and responsibly for optimal results and use smart scale to measure your body fat percentage.